Hello and Welcome
If you are reading this you may be wanting to learn more about me or maybe you are wanting to learn more about yourself. Perhaps you are experiencing distress in some area of your life that no longer feels manageable or bearable. Or maybe you aren’t sure why you continue to find yourself in the same difficult relationships or engaging in the same unwanted behaviours. Whatever the difficulties you may be facing perhaps what's most important is that you are considering reaching out for help and in being able to do that, there is a part of you that believes things can be better. I would very much welcome the opportunity to work with you to realise whatever better might be for you.
My name is Orion Peterson and I am an experienced, professionally qualified and registered psychodynamic psychotherapist and counsellor. I offer individual one-to-one therapy with adults and work in full time private practice in Central London (Southwark), between Waterloo and London Bridge.
How I Can Help
As a professional psychotherapist I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgemental space, in which you can explore whatever challenges you may be facing. Through this exploration, a clearer understanding can emerge enabling you to see yourself and the world around you in a new and more affirming way.
My approach is collaborative, warm and relational. Working together we can focus on whatever is on your mind on that day or in that moment. There is no how-to manual, no agenda and no formula. I believe that by listening intently and hearing you, together we can build up a creative and safe enough thinking space, enabling deeper reflection on yourself as well as your unique experience of the people and the world around you.
I have experience of working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and across all age groups. Previously people have reached out to me for a wide range of reasons including:
- Acute stress, anxiety or experiencing panic attacks
- Issues around poor self-esteem and low confidence
- Loss of purpose or hope and lack of fulfilment
- Feeling depressed, flat, lonely or isolated
- Disassociation and trauma
- Issues with addiction or addictive behaviour
- Physically or emotional abusive family or relationship dynamics
- Sexual abuse
- Psychosexual issues
- Anger management and difficulties dealing with or expressing anger
- Questions or confusion relating to sexuality and desire
- LGBTQ support
- Confusion or concerns around identity relating to race, gender or ideology
- Experiences of bullying or discrimination
- Workplace stress or conflicts
- Obsessive and compulsive behaviours
- Fears and anxieties relating to trauma
- Eating disorders
- Bereavement and loss
- Difficulties in making or sustaining affirming relationships
You might recognise yourself in one or more of the above… or it might be something else entirely. Whatever it is you are grappling with, I believe that the safety and openness of the therapeutic relationship can offer a uniquely supportive and safe space within which to explore, understand and discover oneself. And with that increased understanding can come a stronger sense of self, an increased inner confidence and a feeling of being more alive.
Read more about psychotherapy.
I am a fully-qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist. Following a one-year certificate course in Counselling Skills, I undertook a rigorous four-year postgraduate training in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice through The University of Roehampton and WPF Therapy; one of the leading academic and clinical institutions in Britain.
Read full details about my qualifications and training.
Professional Standards and Confidentiality
As a member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytical Council) and FPC (Foundation for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I follow strict ethical codes and professional standards including:
- Confidentiality pertaining to all communications, whether in person, email or phone
- Undertaking regular professional development & training
- Full-cover professional indemnity insurance
- Undertaking regular clinical supervision
Get in Touch
Please feel free to contact me directly by email or telephone to schedule a consultation or with any further queries you may have. I am also happy to have a brief conversation on the telephone if that would be helpful.