Hello and welcome to my website. My name is Orion Peterson and I am an experienced, professionally qualified (BA Hons, PgDip) and registered psychodynamic psychotherapist and counsellor (BPC, FPC). I offer individual one-to-one therapy with adults and work in full time private practice based in Central London in between Waterloo and London Bridge.
If you are reading this you may be seeking help with a difficulty you are facing. I believe that psychotherapy can provide a confidential and non-judgemental space within which you can safely explore whatever difficulties you may be experiencing. Through this safe and supportive exploration, a clearer understanding can emerge enabling you to see yourself and the world around you in a new and more affirming way.
We can all feel lost and overwhelmed by life at times and perhaps some aspects of your life may even feel unbearable or at breaking point. Sometimes it can be unclear how we actually feel or what we want for ourselves. We may struggle to know who we are and to find our own voice.
I have experience of working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and across all age groups. Previously people have reached out to me for a wide range of reasons including:
- Issues around poor self-esteem and low confidence
- Loss of purpose or hope and lack of fulfilment
- Feeling depressed, flat, lonely or isolated
- Disassociation and trauma
- Acute stress, anxiety or experiencing panic attacks
- Issues with addiction or addictive behaviour
- Difficult or abusive family or relationship dynamics
- Psychosexual issues
- Anger management and difficulties dealing with or expressing anger
- Questions or confusion relating to sexuality and desire
- LGBTQ support
- Confusion or concerns around identity relating to race, gender or ideology
- Experiences of bullying or discrimination
- Workplace stress or conflicts
- Obsessive and compulsive behaviours
- Fears and anxieties relating to trauma
- Bereavement and loss
- Difficulties in making or sustaining affirming relationships
One or more of the above may resonate for you or you may be grappling with something else entirely. Whatever challenges you may be facing I believe the safety and support of the therapeutic relationship can offer a unique and non-judgemental thinking space within which to explore, understand and discover oneself. And with that increased understanding can come a stronger sense of self, an increased inner confidence and a feeling of being more alive.